The Thomas Edison Invention Challenge started in 2010 to celebrate the spirit of invention, and to spur young folks to strive to become the next Thomas Edison! When Edison created his invention factory concept [later to become corporate R&D labs], he used a team-based,integrated or interdisciplinary, head and hands, approach to new product development— exactly what we recognize today as STEM. We can think of Edison as the original “STEM-meister”.
Participants Receive and Quick Facts:
- Winners receive 3D Printers and other cool prizes!
- Virtual Competition- All submissions must be uploaded through a shared google drive folder- We do not accept any other type of submissions outside of google drive.
- K-12 Students are eligible to participate
- $250 Teacher Stipend to all schools who complete the competition (1 per school)
- Contact EIC@picoTurbine.com with any questions
- Main Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Past Winners of the 2015-16 Edison Invention Challenge Season:
13 States, 50+ schools, 2 countries, & well over 100 teams participated in last years competition.
High School Winners
- Hackettstown High School, NJ Tiger Team
- High Point Regional High School, NJ The Composters
- Chaney STEM Campus, OH D.R. ResponsersMiddle/Elementary School Winners
Middle School Winners
- Freehold Intermediate School, NJ STEM Starz- Overall Winner
- Linwood Middle School, NJ lms7
- Heritage Middle School, NJ Swagmasters Tech